Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Hypernaturals

Relatively new in the comics world, but already of great standing (and one of my new personal all time best series) is the new collaboration from the dynamic duo Andy Lanning and Dan Abnett 'The Hypernaturals' with science fiction, inky alien fingers, a smokey mouth and a mystery to say the least.

Which if you haven't picked up the first copy of yet you really should, it has gone to multiple printings. i wont give much away here since the fun is in the reading yourself, especially for the final page. Though what I will give particular mention of how DnA have expanded the universe of 'The Hypernaturals' through the very clever use of adverts, namely by not having any, or at least none that are real. Hopefully something we will see more of. The creativity and imagination of this pair continues to astound me, and whats more is they have the talent to back it up, in terms of both writing and artwork. And not only here, take a look at their run on Guardians of the Galaxy, some of the best Cosmic Marvel I've read in a long time.


And now for some homework for the next post, also regarding The Hypernaturals, read it, and have a think about what it tells us about our selves. I'll give you a hint as to my idea and hence what the post will be about, 'marking'.
I'll see you back here whenever I get round to writing the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment