Monday 12 November 2012

Marvel NOW! Deadpool #1: Dead in the Water?

Well, I've got round to reading Deadpool #1, and I'm sure you're all hear desperate to know my opinion on the subject, so here it is, enjoy, or don't, it's your choice.


I love Deadpool, I want to make that clear, and I couldn't wait for this book, and I so wanted to love it. I really wanted to be able to enjoy it and be desperate for the next issue. But unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. I just couldn't like it, I can't quite pin down what it was, but something was just off. Maybe it has become overdone? Or maybe it wasn't quite as humorously horrific as I'm used to, and they had Wade spend far too much time with his mask off. 

Though I do realise we have a new team in the form of writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn writing the 'merc with a mouth' and it may just take a few issues to find its feet. However, in defence there were some excellent moments I did laugh out loud on occasion as I have come to expect from a Deadpool book. I'd like to think that things will get better, and due to my love of Deadpool, or at least the Deadpool of old I will be giving Duggan and Posehn a fair chance. I can see the potential, I think if they mix in just the right amount of inner torment for Wade this could be very good. 


And now, a brief mention of the art work, hmmmmm. Not sure what to make of it, I think I like it. I think I'm just scared of change, but change can be good. And yes, now that I've had time to consider it I like it. Bravo Tony Moore and Val Staples. 
Furthermore, you can't dislike anyone that can draw and colour giant monster nipples. And for that reason alone you should probably at least give Deadpool a chance, just to check out the monster nipples.



No comments:

Post a Comment