Wednesday 21 November 2012

Marvel NOW! X-Men: Legacy #1 - WTF?! Hehehe, Awesome

Well, I have now got round to reading X-Men Legacy #1 and I believe the post title sums this one up completely, its pure craziness it's weird and fantastic. I went into this knowing nothing, except that Simon Spurrier is a great writer and he hasn't let me down. I'll admit I know very little about Charles Xavier's son so I didn't have any prior knowledge to bring to this book, whether that be good or bad but I still enjoyed it thoroughly.
I was able to just sit back and follow along on the wacky ride that Simon is running, and wacky it is. Half the time I had no idea what was going on until about halfway through, and I imagine that's pretty much the same way our main character felt. I recommend picking this one up completely, and I think its only going to get better, at at least I'm hoping it will Simon, you hear me, I don't want to be disappointed in a few months when you find something else new and exciting, we are in this for the long haul ok?

Now, for the artwork, its just as crazy as the story but still easy to see, you don't have to struggle to make out what's going on which is always a good thing. So a big thank you to Tan Eng Huat and the ability to match a level of wackiness with Simon Spurrier and yet remain understandable. It is a pleasure to see the inner psyche of David Haller, our protagonist. The shear insane nature of the imagery coupled with the imagination and ability to bring this imagery to life really adds another dimension to this comic and Simon's writing. A great pairing that I cant wait to see the future of.
What Would Doom Do? 
Well, probably bleed from his eyes as he attempts to comprehend the true nature of this work, but do it with a wide grin on his face and joy in his heart and maniacally rock back and forth in eager anticipation of the next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment