Tuesday 6 November 2012

Whedon's World: S.H.I.E.L.D

After the amazingness of The Avengers, Whedon is returning to the not so big screen to shoot the pilot for S.H.I.E.L.D. Clark Gregg will also be reprising his role as Agent Phil Coulson.



It's no secret that I live happily in the Whedonverse and I am ECSTATIC (yes, i'm that keen) that a part of the Marvel universe will finally be apart of that.


Whedon absolutely smashed it with The Avengers. His work with Buffy, Angel and Firefly (to name a more obvious few), proved that he could work with multiple leading characters and have them all on an equal footing, as opposed to outshining each other.
My list of why Whedon is great could go on, but i'll leave that for another post.

So back to the point at hand. S.H.I.E.L.D has the potential to be a hard hitter, and another Whedon master piece, and with his brother Jed on board, this is looking very likely. I'm definitely holding high hopes for this, and with the pilot being shot in January, it'll be on our screens by Christmas 2013 (hopefully!)

So what would doom do? He'd sit on his heels, as happy as a Christmas lamb, counting down the days until the pilot airs on his Fantastic Four calender, praying to the Doom gods that be that he'll get a chance to return to the big screen, and into the Whedon hall of fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment