Monday 19 November 2012

Marvel NOW! Iron Man #1, Yes! Yes! Oh God Yes!

Iron man #1 - Writer: Kieron Gillen, Penciler: Greg Land, Inker: Jay Leisten, Colourist: Guru eFX

Judgement: I loved it, from start to finish I loved it. Gillen has got the tone just right, and he seems to know Tony Stark better than Tony Stark does, with just the right mix of confidence and questioning doubt. Then there is the story, which has of course only just begun, but I already feel like we are moving along nicely and cant wait for further issues. Yes, extremis returns, yes A.I.M returns, but it at no point feels like recycling old stories, it all feels natural and fits in nicely. its also nice to see Gillen have some fun with the character, or more specifically his facial hair and he obviously has some fantastic ideas of where to take the armour. I realise some people may have a few issues over it not being the classic red and gold any more  but I like it, I think it works and I'm looking forward to more.

Then we have the art work, which, if you ask me fits perfectly it's that right mix of smooth polish and sharp edges without being forced that really complements Iron Man. And congratulations to the team of Land, Leisten and Guru who have managed to bring so much emotion and attitude to what is essentially a piece of metal, very well done.

What Would Doom Do?

He would even take his mask of to read this to let all the goodness flow right into his eyeballs. And then proceed to send Kieron some rather disturbing messages demanding to know the secret of 'putty' armour.





No comments:

Post a Comment