Wednesday 17 October 2012

Buffy Season 9? Say whattt?

In only a matter of months, Buffy season 9 will launch onto our screens! So to speak. Following on from the awesomeness that is Season 8, today Dark Horse Comics announced that they would be publishing the Buffyverse Sampler! (January 23rd 2013) to jump start us on to Season 9

Now i'm a Buffy nut, like mega...it's been a part of my life for too long now and i've loved every obsessive minute of it. But i'm not gonna lie, I was late starting on to the comics. Part of me wanted to leave it where it ended in Season 7. Continuing it completely through comics made me feel like it would become 'unattainable'. There was something about seeing this girl on TV actually living and breathing and going to high school- nowhere near popular but oh yeh fighting these vampires and demons- that made it so accessible and all the more real....I felt that taking it solely to the comics would make it so outlandish (anything goes) that it would become detatched....

But I got over myself, read Season 8 and loved it up so all was well. So then I was VERY pleased to hear about Season 9, and this sampler is the perfect way to get new fans up to speed and thrown into all the stories in the Buffyverse, especially as there are a lot of crossovers and it can get very confusing.

The sampler will be the perfect addition to what I hope will be an awesome series.

So what would doom do? Doom would stop cowering in his Marvel cave and jump on a dark horse, ride down to Sunnydale where he'd shake hands with Joss Whedon and make sure he got a signed copy of this sampler.


No comments:

Post a Comment