Friday 5 October 2012

Marvel NOW (but not right now)

Off the back of our Previous NOW themed post I would just like to say,What? Huh? But...what?

Yep, I'm still in the process of trying to get up to date on past titles, let alone the new ones, and now (no pun intended) we're going to have a bunch of 'new' titles thrown at us.Why not have a short break, let the slower of the pack catch up with the current/previous titles rather than be left behind and picked off.

Or are all current titles ending with them having no relevance to the new titles, or just being renumbered, or morphed into one giant amorphous comic shaped being that will eat all other comics and spew them out with the word NOW stamped on the front? (To be honest I'm hoping for the latter). Does this mean we are going to be faced with a few months of being told the same origin stories again, but with different pictures, or are things going to be so radically different that we don't even notice?

Though I am of course still going to be buying I them, I may bitch and moan, but let's face it, I'm still weak and easily swayed. And do have a certain fondness for any issue that's numbered 1, I think its the optimistic completionist in me, one that will never be happy since it seems many titles will now be renumbered and never truly end, hence meaning I can never truly feel that I have a full collection.

Whether of course marvel can pull this off remains to be seen, will it just be a hiccup in the numbering, or will it be a significant change? Or will it just be another pointless gimmick? Who knows, but I still believe we will be getting some excellent stories out of it, whether these are in the comics, or about marvel I don't know. But I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment